PPE’s Taste and Taint Free Elastomer Seal
E73D offers outstanding resistance to water, steam and cleaning agents between -30°C (+22°F) and +150°C (+302°F). It is available in any sized O-ring (fully moulded up to 2.5m/8ft internal diameter), gaskets, hygienic and sanitary couplings, pipe connectors, valves, as well as custom seals for pumps, valves, metering equipment and water fittings.
“Many existing WRAS elastomers whose approvals have expired are failing the taste and taint test introduced with BS6920, and so their approval is not renewed. The E73D EPDM material meets the taste and taint WRAS requirements together with major European and US water regulations and is approved until July 2012,” says David Holt, new business director, PPE.
In addition to E73D, PPE also supplies WRAS-compliant, V70Q fluoroelastomer for potable water applications and FDA, USP Class VI & 3A compliant materials for food and pharmaceutical applications.
Precision Polymer Engineering
Tel: 01254 295400
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 17
- Precision Polymer Engineering: Introducing PPE
- Definitive guide published for rotary sealing applications
- PPE LAUNCHES NEW GENERATION LEAD-FREE, STEAM RESISTANT SEALS
- BVAA ‘OnTour’
- Does your packing set really need end rings?
- NEW Keystone BREWSEAL SEAT FOR HYGIENIC VALVES
- PPE ExpandsPPE Completes Research, Manufacturing and Training Facilities Expansion
- Design to get the best results from your fluid seals
- New Explosive Decompression Perfluoroelastomer for Oil and Gas Valves
- Gee is for Graphite!: Company Profile