Updated Cee Vee!
Cee Vee is the UK distributor for Finnish valve manufacturer Högfors, who have recently expanded their capability with a move to a new factory in
The new factory houses a latest generation five axis Flexible Machining Centre, a machine which is capable of producing very sophisticated new products and which has the capacity to produce six times the output of the previous facility.
Cee Vee Director Doug Parnell explains, ‘Högfors was a family owned company producing valves for district heating/cooling and the paper industry. The company was bought in 2007 by Primaca, a Finnish industrial group, which has made significant investments to provide Högfors with the facilities and staff to explore new markets.’
‘Today the new factory is possibly the most advanced valve manufacturing facility in the world. At over 60 metres in length, the Högfors Flexible Machining System can simultaneously machine the valve body and the internal components, to extremely high levels of accuracy. The fully finished machined parts leave the system ready for assembly, testing and painting, prior to despatch. The whole operation is completed in a fraction of the time taken using traditional machines.’
District heating installations are typically buried underground and use metal seated valves to provide reliable service over an extended life, normally 25~30 years. Markets for this type of valve include Russia and China where pipeline size is frequently over one metre in diameter.
The paper industry also has very demanding applications with regard to shut off and control, and Högfors products perform very reliably in these difficult environments.
‘Högfors are experts in metal seated valves, in sizes from 25mm to 1400mm, and their current range includes ball, V port ball sector and butterfly valves in carbon and stainless steel’ said Doug. ‘All valve types are available with a PTFE seat if the duty demands a soft seating.’
He concluded ‘The investment made by Primaca during these turbulent times has positioned Högfors perfectly for the economic recovery, and we are delighted to represent them here in the UK. New products complying with international standards are in development, which will broaden the company’s customer profile to include energy based industries, including oil & gas. The new Salo facility is capable of producing quality products at competitive prices and with rapid deliveries for many years to come!’
Based in the Cotswolds, CeeVee also supply Regmatic Actuators, Schlesinger Bursting Discs, and also manufacture their own range of ‘CV3’ switchboxes.
Tel: 01453 821666
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 17
- Has Industry Forgotten How to Cooperate in Technological Developments?
- Emerson to Build Control Valve Industry’s Largest and Most Technologically-Advanced Research Laboratory Multi-million dollar renovation and expansion will create the Fisher® Technology Development Centre
- Truflo Marine unveil new Flow & Test Cycle Rig - Going with the Flow
- KKI signs Brazil agreement
- Testing times at KKI
- Nuclear Industry Welcomes “Clear” Government Energy Framework: The UK’s civil nuclear trade association has welcomed today’s publication of the Government’s finalised National Policy Statements (NPS) following ext
- Metso’s new Valve Technology Center: The new facility is in line with the company’s long-term strategy to invest in quality and delivery capabilities globally for Metso’s valve customers
- Tyco Supports Global Power Industry: Tyco Flow Control Supports Global Power Industry with Sempell Facility Extension
- Quality & Integrity - a MOGAS Commitment: MOGAS Industries runs every aspect of the company the same way they design and build valves — with an unwavering commitment to quality and integrity
- United Utilities Keeps Exeeco in Charge