Flowserve ValveSight available for Limitorque actuators
Flowserve have recently announced the release of Flowserve ValveSight™ for the Limitorque MX/QX family of smart electric actuators. ValveSight for Limitorque provides enhanced diagnostic and graphical user interface features for facilities using the Foundation Fieldbus protocol for their digital communication networks.
The Limitorque MX and QX use ValveSight to monitor the status, alarms and health of the valve actuator. Embedded predictive diagnostics provide advanced warning of pending problems, helping reduce operational costs associated with unscheduled plant shutdowns and loss of productivity. Additional value is realized by a reduction in commissioning time and a greater visibility into overall valve performance.
“Industrial Foundation Fieldbus applications gain the flexibility of using standard function blocks, linked within various manufacturers’ field devices to incorporate a distributed control strategy uniquely tailored to the user,” said Scott Wilkerson, product portfolio manager, host integration, Flowserve Flow Control Division. “ValveSight for Limitorque actuators embraces our customer’s distributed control strategy by providing an enriched graphical user interface so plant operators can continually monitor the actuator’s health by way of its Built-In-Self-Test feature.”
With ValveSight for the Limitorque MX/QX, plant operators can fine tune their process control through the use of a Proportional-Integral-Derivative function block. Plant maintenance personnel also benefit from a graphical diagnostic tool set that offers a proactive service approach to Partial Stroke Testing, Travel Histogram, Data/Operational Logging, and LimiGard TM circuit protection.
Flowserve ValveSight for Limitorque is certified by the FDT Group and is now available for download at www.flowserve.com.
Flowserve Flow Control
Tel: 01444 314400
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 17
- Rotork introduces compact electric actuator solution for marine valve applications
- South East Water awards valve actuation framework agreement to Rotork
- New Flowserve Software Simplifies Actuator Configuration, Diagnostics: Flowserve Dashboard Allows Bluetooth® Connectivity with Limitorque MX and QX
- Pakscan digital valve control goes wireless
- Rotork’s new CVA, mounted to a Metso valve
- Australia’s ‘Droughtbuster’ scheme chooses Rotork
- Rotork completes major valve actuation upgrade at one of Severn Trent’s water treatment works
- Flooding proves the watertight case for Rotork Actuators
- An Introduction to Networks Control systems for valve actuators
- Rotork Intelligent valve actuation for solar power plants