New Non-Executive Director for Hardide Coatings
Former oil industry entrepreneur Bruce Robinson appointed
Mr Robinson brings extensive experience of the international oil and gas industry and growing technology-based businesses. He spent 20 years based in Aberdeen and working around the world, firstly as an engineer with oil services firms GeoVANN Inc. and Halliburton then as a founder shareholder and general manager of Phoenix Petroleum Services prior to its sale to Schlumberger. He spent five years as a director and consultant to Scottish Enterprise Energy Group where he led oil and gas technology development and internationalisation programmes. Since then, he has started, run and assisted a wide range of innovative companies developing and exploiting technologies in various industry sectors.
Mr Robinson will serve on both the audit committee and the combined remuneration and nomination committee. He holds a Bachelor of Technology (Hons) in Industrial Technology and Management from Bradford University, a post-graduate diploma in Offshore Engineering and an MBA from Aberdeen University.
Graham Hine, chief executive officer of Hardide Coatings said: “Bruce’s experience of growing small technology based businesses will assist our strategy to develop new and diversified applications for the Hardide coating technology. His engineering background and commercial understanding of the oil and gas industry is particularly relevant as we capitalise on opportunities for growth in this sector.”
Hardide Coatings has developed a range of tungsten carbide-based coatings that significantly extend the life of metal components. The coatings offer a unique combination of ultra-hardness, toughness, low friction and chemical resistance in one material.
The technology is proven to offer dramatic cost savings through reduced downtime and extended part life. Customers include leading companies operating in oil and gas exploration and production, valve and pumps manufacturing, general engineering and aerospace. Oil and gas customers include Weatherford International, Expro Group and FMC.
Tel: 01869 353830
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 17
- BEL Valves appoints new Sales & Marketing Director
- APPOINTMENTS: BEL Valves expand into Australian Oil & Gas market
- APPOINTMENTS: BEL Valves appoints a new Area Sales Manager for Scotland (Aberdeen)
- APPOINTMENTS: Surface engineering technology company, Hardide Coatings Limited, has appointed Nick King as business development manager for UK and Europe.
- Weir Valves & Controls UKExpands sales and marketing team
- Appointment of Chief Executive Officer
- Emerson appoints Stuart Young
- Rotork appoints new Sales Manager for Network Systems
- New Managing Director for Rotork Fluid Systems
- David Dunbar named as European President for Emerson Process Management