CPI - Composite Pneumatic Actuators Resist External Corrosion
Based on a single piston design previously used in industry, and off-shore, the new actuators incorporate several novel features.
Simple design with a small number of moving parts means reliability and a long working life, reducing expensive down time.
The actuators are of all Epoxy Glass Filled Composite Construction, with 316 stainless steel fixings. All components resist the effects of corrosion, both internal and external, making them ideal for use in salt laden atmospheres, sea water, or where caustic wash-down is used.
Epoxy Composite piston, fitted with unique “U” seals inside a stainless steel piston sleeve, reduces internal resistance, increasing efficiency and therefore permitting greater useful torque. One piece stainless steel shaft and pinion reduces hysteresis. Single Acting version features all stainless steel, pre-stressed spring cartridges - reducing the risks of spring failure through corrosion.
Other features include ISO 5211 mounting pad, VDI/VDE top mounting & NAMUR solenoid valve mounting pad.
The range currently consists of three actuators sizes, namely, A50, A100 and A250. Other sizes are in the course of development, and will be introduced over the course of the next two years, until a range of six sizes are available.
CPI (Pneumatics) Ltd
Tel: 01623 510245
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 18
- Rotork appoints UK distributor for Remote Control valve actuators
- Flowserve MaxFlo 3 and NR Diaphragm Actuator Granted SIL 3 Certification
- Rotork acquires Remote Control Sweden
- Emerson Process Management - Valve Automation 1 Force Driving All Valves...Everywhere!
- Tomoe Japan Secures Saudi Electric Company Shuaibah Contract in Partnership with Rotork
- Actuated Solutions Ltd: A company profile
- Offshore Vietnam actuation contract includes High Integrity Pressure Protection System
- Asian gas plant contract continues Rotork’s success with Gasco
- New Flowserve Heavy-Duty Actuator Extends Cycle Life and Reduces Maintenance
- A company profile by Actuated Solutions Ltd