ASCO Numatics Introduces ATEX Certified Valve Islands
ASCO Numatics introduces ATEX certified valve islands for mounting in fieldbus remote I/O cabinets. Unique features enable easier installation, commis
The new ATEX valve islands enable pneumatic and electrical devices to be installed in the same cabinet – removing the need for bulkheads and electrical links and providing significant savings for customers. They have many applications in pharmaceutical and fine chemical plants where ATEX devices are being installed to ensure higher safety and flexibility for batch processes.
The valve manifolds provide safety and flexibility and are fully assembled to reduce costs. The electrical and pneumatic connections are designed for speed and ease of use and the integrated isolation device allows maintenance without stopping the process. The Ex ia pilot is compatible with all remote I/O manufacturers.
The manifold features a simple electrical connection for four intrinsic coils/valves. The multi-pin IP20 removable plug can be preterminated if required and, because there are no terminal screws, connection is fast and reliable. The pneumatic connections are also quick and easy with a gasket on the sub-base allowing either direct side or base mounting. This space saving feature makes machine mounting easier and reduces enclosure costs.
Start-up is quick and easy with local LED and manual override for valve piloting control/diagnostic. An individual shut-off (hot swap) valve integrated into the sub-base allows the process to continue while one valve is being changed. The system is lockable to prevent accidental operation.
The four station sub-base with 8 station option, is available as a 5/2 single coil (monostable) version or spring return 3/2 function (by closing port 2). Each valve features an integrated shut-off device and is rated at +5°C to +50°C for a flow rate of 600 l/min.
The Ex ia pilot with low power (0.2W with LED), is compatible with all Ex ia remote I/Os and barriers connected to fieldbus (or point to point). With one unique valve covering a large range of actuators, stock management and inventory are reduced – providing cost savings for the user and distributor.
ASCO Numatics Ltd
Tel: 01695 713600
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 18
- HSP + Maxseal = Success
- Norgren’s 48xx Series
- New 11/2 inch Power Pulse Valve complements ASCO/ JOUCOMATIC NUMATICS Dust Collector System Range
- ASCO Numatics Introduces Series 342 Stainless Steel Filter Regulator to Complement Solenoid Valve Range
- ASCO Solenoid Valve with Ex Rated Connector Enables Installation and Maintenance without a ‘Hot Work Permit’
- Norgren - Unrivalled experience, superb technical solutions!: Norgren has an enviable reputation for excellent instrumentation solutions.
- ASCO Numatics extends Valve Range : Series 067 Rocker Isolation Valve range with higher pressure ratings and larger nominal diameter
- ASCO Numatics expands range of miniature solenoid valves
- Zoedale Expand Valve Range: Zoedale Plc is pleased to announce the expansion of the highly successful Magnatrol Solenoid Valve range
- ASCO Numatics Announces ATEX Approval for Valve Islands With G3 Electronics