Croatian Water Treatment Plant Chooses Rotork Valve Actuators
The Croatian national power company Hrvatska Elektroprivreda (HEP) has invested Euro 4 million in the new plant, which filters and demineralises water from the nearby River Sava before it is used for steam generation and media for the district heating system serving the city of Sisak.
The water treatment capacity is approximately 130 cubic metres an hour and the process is accurately controlled by RC200 valve actuators equipped with E4L limit switch boxes. The actuated valve packages were carefully selected for reasons including reliability, environmental considerations and overall cost effectiveness.
Rotork RC200 series actuators feature a modern scotch yoke mechanism that provides a high start and end torque output in a very compact package. Pistons are guided in two places by high performance bearings which ensure proper alignment and long seal life.
The RC200 design has the lowest weight and the smallest external dimensions of any pneumatic actuator with an equivalent torque output. This contributes to a compact, lightweight and robust actuated valve package. In addition, the design has less stroke volume than comparable rack and pinion actuators, providing a considerable saving in the use of compressed air.
Rotork Fluid Systems
Tel: 0113 205 7223
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 18
- Rotork appoints UK distributor for Remote Control valve actuators
- Flowserve MaxFlo 3 and NR Diaphragm Actuator Granted SIL 3 Certification
- Rotork acquires Remote Control Sweden
- Emerson Process Management - Valve Automation 1 Force Driving All Valves...Everywhere!
- Tomoe Japan Secures Saudi Electric Company Shuaibah Contract in Partnership with Rotork
- Actuated Solutions Ltd: A company profile
- Offshore Vietnam actuation contract includes High Integrity Pressure Protection System
- Asian gas plant contract continues Rotork’s success with Gasco
- New Flowserve Heavy-Duty Actuator Extends Cycle Life and Reduces Maintenance
- A company profile by Actuated Solutions Ltd