Colson – A Company Profile
In 1996 Colson Industries Ltd launched its first range of valves into the marketplace from a small workshop based in Elland.
Since these humble times Colson Industries Ltd has not only increased their factory size but also their product range which now includes Ball, Needle, Check, Manifold, Monoflanges and Double block and bleed valves.
In 2003 Colson Industries Ltd moved to their current home situated at Park Works, unit 1, a 15000 ft² factory based in Elland, but due to their ever increasing customer demands for new and larger valves, Colson Industries Ltd where running out of space and they knew the only way forward was more room and new machinery, so they started looking for a new factory in the of summer of 2010.
At the beginning of 2011 Unit 2 at Park Works became available so the decision to add 13000 ft² from Unit 2 to the existing 15000 ft² from unit 1 was an easy one to make, giving them a total of 28000 ft².
Colson Industries Ltd has already spent over £175,000 in the past few months on new machinery and there is more to come says Colin Smith-Moorhouse. The move will be completed by the end of July 2011.
Colson Industries Ltd
Tel: 01422 377999
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 18
- Truflo Marine retain IIP Accreditation
- PPE ExpandsPPE Completes Research, Manufacturing and Training Facilities Expansion
- AUMA become BVAA Members
- AUMA Actuators Ltd: Leading modular actuation technology for over 40 years
- AUMA - British Energy extends actuator agreement
- AUMA achieves second United Utilities award
- Anglian Water adoptspioneering AUMA training programme
- Ron Hague - Valve & Actuator Specialists: A company overview from new BVAA member Ron Hague Ltd
- Rotork successfully defends intellectual property rights in China: Autork guilty of copying and unfair competition
- Russian production of valves and accessories in 2008 -Figures and facts, analytical review