Rotork Actuators in Waste Water Treatment Project
Rotork valve actuators in ‘landmark’ waste water treatment project
Described as a ‘landmark’ project, the Doha North Sewage Treatment Works in Qatar has a peak waste water treatment design capacity of 439,000 cubic meters per day, serving a projected population of 900,000 by the year 2020. Advanced membrane and ultra-violet treatment technologies are being utilised to reclaim high quality water for non-potable purposes, thereby freeing-up precious drinking water supplies for the community.
The site’s sludge treatment plant will also receive and treat sludge from waste water plants throughout Qatar, the treated sludge being used as an organic fertiliser or a source of green energy. Defined as a model project of sustainable development for communities worldwide, Doha North STW is being constructed a partnership between Keppel Seghers, the environmental engineering arm of Keppel integrated Engineering, and the Public Works Authority of Qatar.
Rotork IQPro actuators feature an IP68 watertight enclosure with non-intrusive setting, commissioning and interrogation technologies. An illuminated window displays setting prompts and confirmation of setting data, local and remote control status and additional data including valve torque/position profiles. The handheld setting tool, featuring bidirectional non-intrusive infra red communication, facilitates on-site actuator configuration with or without mains power connected.
Bidirectional communication enables data to be retrieved and retransmitted to other actuators, saving immense amounts of time when many valves require near-identical commissioning. In addition, actuator data logger files can be downloaded and transported from plant to office for storage and analysis on a PC running Rotork IQ-Insight software. Effective asset management programmes can then be planned and implemented, maximising plant utilisation and minimising the risk of unexpected plant interruptions.
Rotork Controls Ltd
Tel: 01225 733200
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 18
- Rotork introduces compact electric actuator solution for marine valve applications
- South East Water awards valve actuation framework agreement to Rotork
- New Flowserve Software Simplifies Actuator Configuration, Diagnostics: Flowserve Dashboard Allows Bluetooth® Connectivity with Limitorque MX and QX
- Pakscan digital valve control goes wireless
- Rotork’s new CVA, mounted to a Metso valve
- Australia’s ‘Droughtbuster’ scheme chooses Rotork
- Rotork completes major valve actuation upgrade at one of Severn Trent’s water treatment works
- Flooding proves the watertight case for Rotork Actuators
- An Introduction to Networks Control systems for valve actuators
- Rotork Intelligent valve actuation for solar power plants