SIPOS Attracts GKM
SIPOS, a manufacturer and global supplier of electric actuators, has long standing track records with both Siemens and GKM. Originally part of the Siemens group, SIPOS is a preferred supplier for the engineering conglomerate. Over the last decade, the actuator innovator has supplied products for a number of GKM installations including GKM7.
GKM, which comprises RWE, EnBW and MVV Energie, is a major utility producing electricity for households/railroads and energy for district heating. Representing a 1.2 billion Euro investment, planned inauguration for block nine is 2012/13. Gross production will be 911 MW, with electric efficiency of 46.4% and district heating production, with cogeneration, to a maximum of 70%.
Key features of the actuation solution supplied by SIPOS for the block nine installation are non intrusive Position (niP) encoder and Bluetooth functionality for remote programming and downloading of data.
Commenting on the advantages of the NI solution, Michael Molle, SIPOS’ R&D Manager, said:
“NI actuation offers high precision encoder detection which allows identification, without battery or buffer capacitator, when power is off. To give an example, measurement of over 300,000 revolutions of the output shaft is possible, with accuracy pin pointed to 0.002% and resolution of 0.0005% at 36 revolutions per stroke.
“End positions can be set without opening the actuator housing – this non intrusive functionality offers major benefits regarding commissioning for power plants as it simplifies the process and minimises the time required for procedures.”
The Distributed Control System (DCS) for the GKM installation will be provided by Siemens.
Tel: 01275 871141
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 19
- New director will build on power station success story at Exeeco
- Rotork introduces compact electric actuator solution for marine valve applications
- South East Water awards valve actuation framework agreement to Rotork
- New Flowserve Software Simplifies Actuator Configuration, Diagnostics: Flowserve Dashboard Allows Bluetooth® Connectivity with Limitorque MX and QX
- Rotork valve actuators specified for southwest China’s first major refinery
- Pakscan digital valve control goes wireless
- Attention to Detail and Communication is the Key to Successful Valve Actuation: Peter Everett, CEO of H.S. Pipequipment comments on valve actuation
- Rotork’s new CVA, mounted to a Metso valve
- BVAA Chairman Bill Whiteley leaves Rotork after twelve years as Chief Executive Officer
- Australia’s ‘Droughtbuster’ scheme chooses Rotork