Pressure Tech Lead the Way
The company attracted support from its local MP after announcing record growth. Andrew Bingham, MP for High Peak, visited Pressure Tech’s innovative manufacturing facility recently to see how the company can help improve the reputation of the UK’s manufacturing sector as part of the government’s Made By Britain initiative.
Despite stiff competition from abroad and operating in a sector with slowed growth, Pressure Tech has seen a 70% increase in turnover in the last 12 months and as a result has rapidly expanded its facilities and workforce.
Steve Yorke-Robinson, managing director of Pressure Tech says: “Export has been a phenomenal growth area for us and we expect our turnover to double in the next two to three years. We strongly believe our continued success is down to our ability to provide innovative, bespoke solutions.
“We were delighted to welcome Andrew Bingham MP into our workshop - we wanted to demonstrate why Pressure Tech should be used as a case study for the Made By Britain initiative.”
The Made By Britain initiative is a project of the Associate Parliamentary Manufacturing Group. Secretary of State for Business Vince Cable MP launched Made By Britain in July to improve the reputation of the UK manufacturing industry, by showcasing the country’s most exemplary businesses in the sector.
Andrew Bingham says: “By innovating and becoming a leader in a niche field, Pressure Tech is providing increasing levels of employment and could now put itself on a national map as part of the Made By Britain project.”
Tel: 01457 899307
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 19
- Kent Introl Re-brand Unveiled
- Apollo Valves - Five Year Warranty
- New Flowserve Publication Helps Customers Eliminate Control Valve Cavitation
- Adanac Aid Comic Relief
- Truflo Marine hosts 19th BAE Key Supplier Forum
- BLACK GOES GREEN
- Shipham Valves make significant investment to machining and pressure test facilities
- Blackhall Engineer Wins Award
- Hardide at NACE: Hardide Coatings selected to present at NACE CORROSION 2010
- Emerson Successfully Completes First Point Assessment (FPAL)