Orange Instruments Positioners
All the positioners are microprocessor based and use the same approach of analog signal conversion, comparison of desired and actual position and the operation of the actuator drive (either electrical or hydraulic) to bring the actuator to the desired, stable position. The positioners also produce a scaled analog signal proportional to the actual position of the actuator. The instruments can accommodate current or voltage command signals and positional feedback devices with internal excitation for potentiometers.
The EX210 is a new advanced hydraulic positioner developed for the Oil & Gas industry. This features a large LCD display, galvanic isolation and infra red communications housed in a stainless steel Atex/IECEx Exd certified enclosure. This new positioner has an option for proportional solenoid control. The EX210-HART has an on-board HART modem connected on the actual position output. When connected to a suitable HART enabled control system, this facility allows remote interrogation of the positioner identification, actual position and functional control via a set of private commands. Further enhancements to the EX210 will be released in the near future.
The EX200 is a 24V dc positioner housed in a din rail case suitable for use in hazardous areas within an Ex ‘D’ housing, controlling electro-hydraulic actuators. An option is available for HART.
The EX200 ‘C’ is a version of the popular EX200 actuator positioner, housed in a compact 316L stainless steel Exd enclosure. The EX200 ‘C’ is an essential component in the control of electrohydraulic actuators. Suitable for Zone 1 or Zone 2 installation, the EX200 ‘C’ is mounted within a stainless steel Exd enclosure, close-coupled to a 316L Exe terminal enclosure for ease of cable connection.
Orange Instruments Ltd
Tel: 01604 790 490
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 19
- Compact Design Comes Out On Top
- Inductive Sensors for Extreme Temperatures
- K Controls New Valve Position Monitor
- Emerson Expands Fieldvue™ Digital Valve Controllers
- K Controls - Sub-Sea Valve Actuator Position Monitors
- Alpha Controls Ltd
- Orange Instruments Ltd – a Company Profile
- K Controls Expands Range of Position Transmitters
- Schubert & Salzer Easy Retrofit
- K Controls Announce Two New Valve Position Monitors: K Controls announce two new valve position monitors for use in the oil, gas and petrochemical industries