Rotork Specified for Flow Control Duty
Rotork CVA specified for flow control duty on gas turbine pre-heater plants
The Rotork CVA actuators have been installed on seven skidmounted units supplied to Riyadh PP11, a power plant project serving the capital city of Saudi Arabia. Manufactured by Petrogas Gas Systems in The Netherlands, the units heat the gas on its way to the turbines by passing it through a chamber that is surrounded by an oil bath that is heated to a temperature of 185ºC.
A CVA actuator controls the position of a three-way valve on the inlet side of each unit to ensure that the process does not overheat. Operating from a 4 - 20mA control signal, the actuator moves the valve to control the heat output. Precise and responsive valve positional control, with repeatability and resolution at less than 0.1%, makes an important contribution to the overall high efficiency of the pre-heating performance.
Seven ATEX certified explosionproof CVQ quarter-turn actuators have been supplied to operate 200mm (8 inch) Class 300 valves. The double-sealed CVA design also provides permanent environmental protection to IP68, with non-intrusive setting and commissioning technology. An integral data-logger facilitates valve diagnostics with predictive maintenance capabilities for efficient long term asset management.
Rotork Controls Ltd
Tel: 01225 733200
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 20
- Rotork introduces compact electric actuator solution for marine valve applications
- South East Water awards valve actuation framework agreement to Rotork
- New Flowserve Software Simplifies Actuator Configuration, Diagnostics: Flowserve Dashboard Allows Bluetooth® Connectivity with Limitorque MX and QX
- Pakscan digital valve control goes wireless
- Rotork’s new CVA, mounted to a Metso valve
- Australia’s ‘Droughtbuster’ scheme chooses Rotork
- Rotork completes major valve actuation upgrade at one of Severn Trent’s water treatment works
- Flooding proves the watertight case for Rotork Actuators
- An Introduction to Networks Control systems for valve actuators
- Rotork Intelligent valve actuation for solar power plants