Belle Greve Pumping Station - T-T to the rescue!
Belle Greve Pumping Station is undergoing an upgrade to prolong its lifespan, work started in 2008 and it is crucial to the island’s future sewage management programme. Aquaflow were approached by the principal contractor working on behalf of Guernsey Water after three DN600 wedge gate valves, supplied a few years ago by a framework manufacturer, had heavily corroded due to being in a saltwater environment.
The valves play a crucial role in controlling the flow and therefore it was very important the issue was resolved as soon as possible. Aquaflow had extensively considered hydraulic parameters and installation characteristics before offering a solution endorsed with technical argument. T-T Pumps Aquaflow secured an order to supply three replacement DN600 gate valves that would withstand these arduous conditions. Aquaflow upgraded the seat and spindle nut material to aluminium bronze and spindle in super-duplex stainless steel. The ductile iron bodied valves were tripled coated in a marine grade two-pack resin to greater than 800 microns.
Tel: 01630 647111
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 20
- The Bestobell Cryogenic Gate Valve
- The Fastest Ever Valve Manufacture?
- The World’s Largest Gate Valve in Nickel Aluminium Bronze?
- Shipham Valves gains UL/FM listings for Ni Aluminium Bronze Gate Valves
- PVS Chemicals Relies on Precision from Schubert & Salzer
- Aquaflow Valves supply over 250 valves: Aquaflow supply over 250 valves to Crossness Sewage Treatment Works
- Aquaflow introduces Aquavault™ resilient seat wedge gate valve
- New universal sealing disc for sliding gate valves
- Crane Launches Pacific®Forged Line of High-Pressure Gate, Globe and Check Valves
- Schoolhill Engineering find Intervention Tooling Solution