AUMA - Support for Mission Critical Scheme
Forming part of a major plan for the physical and environmental restoration of Venice’s entire Lagoon basin, Mose links the defence of the City with the architectural heritage of historic buildings and the Lagoon’s ecosystem. Protection from high waters, and recovery of the Lagoon’s resources, are incorporated into the scheme. The measures to safeguard the Lagoon are being implemented as part of an integrated and systemic programme by the Consorzio Venezia Nuova, on behalf of the Italian State (Ministry of Infrastructure and Transport - Venice Water Authority).
Mobile barriers are being constructed to defend the Lagoon area, its inhabitants, towns, cities and historic/ artistic/environmental heritage from high water. AUMA Generation .2 AUMATIC actuators were chosen by ITALVALV to aid automation of the dam’s barrier gates. The actuation technology was integrated by ITALVAV into its emergency system which operates high performance control ball, butterfly and globe valves, required for on-off and modulating services.
Key reasons cited for selection of AUMA’s adaptable valve automation products included zone 2 explosion protection, required to protect against methane gas leaks. Reliability of performance is ensured with plug housing incorporating fail safe technology within the power supply and feedback system. And, as a result of using AUMA’s new generation products, full flexibility of control is afforded with redundant Profibus DP communication, in combination with conventional and analogue (4-20 mA) controls.
A total of 981 AUMA actuator and gearbox combinations are being installed as part of the Mose scheme over an 18 month period.
AUMA Actuators Ltd
Tel: 01275 871141
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 20
- Rotork introduces compact electric actuator solution for marine valve applications
- South East Water awards valve actuation framework agreement to Rotork
- New Flowserve Software Simplifies Actuator Configuration, Diagnostics: Flowserve Dashboard Allows Bluetooth® Connectivity with Limitorque MX and QX
- Pakscan digital valve control goes wireless
- Rotork’s new CVA, mounted to a Metso valve
- Australia’s ‘Droughtbuster’ scheme chooses Rotork
- Rotork completes major valve actuation upgrade at one of Severn Trent’s water treatment works
- Flooding proves the watertight case for Rotork Actuators
- An Introduction to Networks Control systems for valve actuators
- Rotork Intelligent valve actuation for solar power plants