Schubert & Salzer Easy Retrofit
Designed as a plug & play solution, both feedback modules, the RM2 and the RM3, can be easily retrofitted to all 8049 positioners already installed which have the V5 hardware version of the positioner electronics.
In both modules, feedback takes the form of a 4 to 20 mA signal in a 2-wire lead. The outputs are galvanically isolated from each other and right up to the controller. There is no need to balance or adjust the feedback modules. Furthermore, in each case two independent and adjustable limit switches are available.
The RM2 feedback module has been developed for the 8049 positioner in the 4-wire version. The limit switches, freely selectable between 0 and 100%, can be adjusted very precisely with a ten-turn potentiometer and need no supplementary power. The switching points are shown on a LED display. Low loads (AC/DC, 24V/70 mA) can be switched directly by the module.
The RM3 feedback module can be used for both the 2-wire as well as the 4-wire versions of the 8049 positioner. In the RM3, the limit switches can be configured very easily using the “Device Config” PC software. They are also designed in compliance with NAMUR (EN60947-5- 6) so that short circuits and line breaks can be monitored simultaneously.
Schubert & Salzer
Tel: 01952 462021
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 20
- Compact Design Comes Out On Top
- Inductive Sensors for Extreme Temperatures
- K Controls New Valve Position Monitor
- Emerson Expands Fieldvue™ Digital Valve Controllers
- K Controls - Sub-Sea Valve Actuator Position Monitors
- Alpha Controls Ltd
- Orange Instruments Ltd – a Company Profile
- Orange Instruments Positioners
- K Controls Expands Range of Position Transmitters
- K Controls Announce Two New Valve Position Monitors: K Controls announce two new valve position monitors for use in the oil, gas and petrochemical industries