Rotork CVA Actuators in Refinery Automation Project
The innovative CVA is engineered to deliver high precision valve positioning and facilitate the tightest possible tolerances on the process variable in order to optimise process quality and output. On loss of mains power, built-in super capacitors enable the CVA to move the valve to a desired position, programmable as open, close, any intermediate position or stay-put.
The CVA uses a variant of Rotork’s well established ‘non-intrusive’ wireless communication technology for actuator programming, commissioning and adjustment. Actuator set-up and configuration is performed using a Bluetooth enabled PDA or PC running Rotork Enlight software. Every CVA incorporates an onboard data logger, enabling operational data including valve torque profiles, dwell times, actuator events and statistics to be downloaded for investigation and diagnosis. After analysis, any required configuration changes can be uploaded into the actuator.
Mechanical features include the industry proven Rotork ‘doublesealed’ enclosure, whereby the internal electrics are permanently protected from the effects of the ambient atmosphere. The IP68 dust tight, watertight and temporarily submersible (7 metres, 72 hours) enclosure is universal to all the models in the CVA range, including those with hazardous area approvals.
Rotork Controls Ltd
Tel: 01225 733200
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 20
- Rotork introduces compact electric actuator solution for marine valve applications
- South East Water awards valve actuation framework agreement to Rotork
- New Flowserve Software Simplifies Actuator Configuration, Diagnostics: Flowserve Dashboard Allows Bluetooth® Connectivity with Limitorque MX and QX
- Pakscan digital valve control goes wireless
- Rotork’s new CVA, mounted to a Metso valve
- Australia’s ‘Droughtbuster’ scheme chooses Rotork
- Rotork completes major valve actuation upgrade at one of Severn Trent’s water treatment works
- Flooding proves the watertight case for Rotork Actuators
- An Introduction to Networks Control systems for valve actuators
- Rotork Intelligent valve actuation for solar power plants