Fugitive Emissions Standards
Result of the NWIP ballot for the revision of ISO 15848-1 and ISO 15848-2 (2006)
• Approval for the addition of ISO/NP 15848-1 to the ISO/ TC 153/SC 1 programme of work, but…
• Disapproval of its submission direct to DIS vote without further comment – more work is required.
• Approval for the addition of ISO/NP 15848-2 to the ISO/ TC 153/SC 1 programme of work, and…
• Approval for the submission of Part 2 to DIS vote without further comment.
The issues under consideration for revision in ISO 15848-1:2006 “Industrial valves - Measurement, test and qualification procedures for fugitive emissions - Part 1: Classification system and qualification procedures for type testing of valves” are more contentious than those contained in the Part 2 “Production acceptance test of valves.”
As such the changes contained in the amendments already proposed have not been accepted for direct submission of Part 1 to DIS vote. The result of voting now requires that ISO/NP 15848-1 be subject to a revision process by ISO/TC153/SC1/WG10 (which may take a maximum duration of 36 months).
ISO/NP 15848-2 may be added to WG10 work programme and as already amended may be submitted to DIS vote without further work.
Many technical comments have been received on ISO 15848-1 and these will be considered at a meeting of WG10 that has been called for 12/13 September 2012. UK/BVAA delegates will attend this meeting.
(Key: NWIP = New Work Item Proposal, NP = New Project, CD = Committee Draft, DIS = Draft International Standard)
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 21
- RoHS Directive 2011/65/EU: By BVAA’s Technical Consultant, Peter Churm
- CEN/TS 13547:2006 “Industrial valves – Copper alloy ball valves”: By BVAA’s Technical Consultant, Peter Churm
- EN 1983:2006 “Industrial valves - Steel ball valves”: By BVAA’s Technical Consultant, Peter Churm
- Steel valve casting NDE acceptance: By BVAA’s Technical Consultant, Peter Churm
- The Dangers of Industrial Gas Abuse: By BVAA’s Technical Consultant, Peter Churm
- Systematic Review of Standards in 2012: By BVAA’s Technical Consultant, Peter Churm
- BS EN 12266-1:2012
- Approval of Draft ISO/DIS 28921-1
- Metallic butterfly valves: ISO/DIS 10631 “Metallic butterfly valves for general purposes”
- Construction Products Directive (89/106/EEC): Enquiry into national regulations for Construction Products