CMA actuator increases the scope of Rotork’s advanced electric control valve technology
The Rotork CMA is available in linear, quarter-turn and multi-turn versions and a range of five compact sizes, facilitating the economical operation of numerous types of control valve, damper and pump stroke adjuster applications. Single-phase or DC electrical power supply is all that is required for control valve actuation, saving the on-going costs associated with the operation and maintenance of instrument air supplies.
The maintenance-free CMA drive train, permanently lubricated and protected in an IP67 watertight and, where required, explosionproof enclosure, can be mounted in any orientation. Accepting an industry-standard 4 -20mA command signal, the CMA delivers accurate and repeatable positional control. Resolution is 0.25% on linear and quarter-turn applications and 2 degrees on the multiturn configuration.
Continuous and unrestricted modulating performance is provided by a brushless DC motor, magnetic contactless sensors and a lubricated for life drive train.
Actuator configuration is performed in a logical, menu driven process using pushbuttons and an LCD display window. User selectable adjustments are provided for speed, dead band, zero and span, command signal type, standard or reverse action and loss of signal position.
Manual operation is available as standard whilst optional extras include local pushbuttons and selector switch, digital position indicator and digital communication connectivity with HART, Foundation Fieldbus and Profibus.
Building on the success of Rotork’s CVA actuation technologies, applications for the CMA are expected to include choke valve, metering pump and associated duties in oil and gas processing and storage, mining and mineral industries, as well as process skids and plant for equipment such as boilers, separators, injectors and heat exchangers.
Rotork Controls Ltd
Tel: 01225 733200
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 21
- Rotork introduces compact electric actuator solution for marine valve applications
- South East Water awards valve actuation framework agreement to Rotork
- New Flowserve Software Simplifies Actuator Configuration, Diagnostics: Flowserve Dashboard Allows Bluetooth® Connectivity with Limitorque MX and QX
- Pakscan digital valve control goes wireless
- Rotork’s new CVA, mounted to a Metso valve
- Australia’s ‘Droughtbuster’ scheme chooses Rotork
- Rotork completes major valve actuation upgrade at one of Severn Trent’s water treatment works
- Flooding proves the watertight case for Rotork Actuators
- An Introduction to Networks Control systems for valve actuators
- Rotork Intelligent valve actuation for solar power plants