Systematic Review of Standards in 2012
By BVAA’s Technical Consultant, Peter Churm
Below are the results of a systematic review conducted in 2012 by CEN on the following EN standards:-
EN 19:2002 “Industrial valves - Marking of metallic valves”
EN 1503-4:2002 “Valves - Materials for bodies, bonnets and covers - Part 4: Copper alloys specified in European Standards”
EN 15081:2007 “Industrial Valves – Mounting kits for part-tum valve actuator attachment” All Confirmed for a further 5 years.
EN 736-2:1997 “Valves - Terminology - Part 2: Definition of components of valves”
EN 12516-3:2002 “Valves - Shell design strength - Part 3: Experimental method” Confirmation for a further 5 years or Revision to take into account German comments.
EN 1171:2002 “Industrial valves - Cast iron gate valves” Revision to update the normative references and Annex ZA
EN 12334:2001 “Industrial valves - Cast iron check valves”
Revision to take into account the recommendations of CEN PED Consultant and to update the normative references
These results will be discussed during the next plenary meeting of CEN/TC 69 in June 2012. CEN/TC 69 will have to adopt a resolution to confirm or revise these European Standards. BVAA will of course actively participate in these discussions.
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 21
- RoHS Directive 2011/65/EU: By BVAA’s Technical Consultant, Peter Churm
- CEN/TS 13547:2006 “Industrial valves – Copper alloy ball valves”: By BVAA’s Technical Consultant, Peter Churm
- EN 1983:2006 “Industrial valves - Steel ball valves”: By BVAA’s Technical Consultant, Peter Churm
- Fugitive Emissions Standards: Result of the NWIP ballot for the revision of ISO 15848-1 and ISO 15848-2 (2006)
- Steel valve casting NDE acceptance: By BVAA’s Technical Consultant, Peter Churm
- The Dangers of Industrial Gas Abuse: By BVAA’s Technical Consultant, Peter Churm
- BS EN 12266-1:2012
- Approval of Draft ISO/DIS 28921-1
- Metallic butterfly valves: ISO/DIS 10631 “Metallic butterfly valves for general purposes”
- Construction Products Directive (89/106/EEC): Enquiry into national regulations for Construction Products