BS EN 12266-1:2012
BS EN 12266-1:2012 Industrial valves — Testing of metallic valves Part 1: Pressure tests, test procedures and acceptance criteria — Mandatory requirements
This British Standard has now been published and is the UK implementation of EN 12266-1:2012. It supersedes BS EN 12266-1:2003 which is withdrawn. It specifies requirements for tests, test procedures and acceptance criteria for production testing of industrial valves made of metallic materials.
The specified tests may also be used as type tests or acceptance tests.
Safety devices are not covered by EN 12266-1.
Note: For testing of industrial valves of thermoplastic materials, ISO 9393-1 and ISO 9393-2 apply.
The main changes compared to the previous edition are:
• The scope was specified and editorially revised
• Normative references are updated;
• Clause 3 Terms and definitions are revised;
• Clause 4 Test requirements are changed;
• A.1.6 Allowable pressure at room temperature is deleted;
• Table A.2, “Minimum test duration for shell tests” has been updated;
• Annex ZA revised;
• Bibliography updated.
Copies of this standard are available for purchase via the BSI website: http://www.standardsuk.com
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 21
- RoHS Directive 2011/65/EU: By BVAA’s Technical Consultant, Peter Churm
- CEN/TS 13547:2006 “Industrial valves – Copper alloy ball valves”: By BVAA’s Technical Consultant, Peter Churm
- EN 1983:2006 “Industrial valves - Steel ball valves”: By BVAA’s Technical Consultant, Peter Churm
- Fugitive Emissions Standards: Result of the NWIP ballot for the revision of ISO 15848-1 and ISO 15848-2 (2006)
- Steel valve casting NDE acceptance: By BVAA’s Technical Consultant, Peter Churm
- The Dangers of Industrial Gas Abuse: By BVAA’s Technical Consultant, Peter Churm
- Systematic Review of Standards in 2012: By BVAA’s Technical Consultant, Peter Churm
- Approval of Draft ISO/DIS 28921-1
- Metallic butterfly valves: ISO/DIS 10631 “Metallic butterfly valves for general purposes”
- Construction Products Directive (89/106/EEC): Enquiry into national regulations for Construction Products