Exeeco Awarded Valve Automation Framework Agreement for RWE npower Power Stations
A representative from RWE npower explains: "Rotork Site Services has supplied hundreds of actuators, assisting with the upgrade and prolonged life expectancy of our utilities. We were pleased to award this framework agreement, which provides a commitment for future plant upgrades."
Recently Exeeco has been busy at RWE npower’s 1455MW Aberthaw power station in South Wales, which is undergoing a series of environmental improvement projects including the introduction of flue gas desulphurisation technology in line with the latest European regulations. Exeeco has been installing Rotork Skilmatic SI electro-hydraulic failsafe actuators to improve valve performance in critical areas such as the mill isolation dampers.
Elsewhere at Aberthaw, feed water regulation valves with pneumatic actuators, which were causing operational problems and proving uneconomical to maintain, have been replaced. The new valves are fitted with Skilmatic SI electric-hydraulic modulating linear actuators that match the technical requirements for high thrust, fast acting and accurate valve positioning.
Aberthaw has utilised Rotork actuators for many years and has found that the latest ‘non-intrusive’ intelligent features in IQ, IQT and Skilmatic SI actuators provide reliable service with the added benefits of time and cost savings during commissioning. Rotork IQ and IQT actuators have been recently installed on applications including feed system valves, boiler valves and quarter-turn dampers.
Exeeco Sales Director Ian Elliott adds: "This is an excellent demonstration of our specialist capabilities for providing actuation solutions in power stations and puts us in a strong position for the supply of Rotork products in the new build stations planned for the future."
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 8
- New and Enlarged UK Service Workshop for Rotork Valve Actuators
- The Importance of Reliable Valve Torque Measurement for Predictive Maintenance
- Rotork Site Services assures reliable valve operation at vital fuel supply plants
- Rotork Site Services package secures vital actuation and control upgrade at BP tank farm
- United Utilities keeps Exeeco in charge of reliable valve actuation
- AUMA UK’s SIPOS and Siemens Service Specialism
- Rotork Site Services contributes to improved efficiency for Thames Water
- AUMA ACE Scheme Drives up the Standard
- SQEP supported by AUMA UK’s ACE scheme
- AUMA Extends SIL Solutions