Unprecedented demand for boiler operator training
The rise in demand has been prompted by boiler operators and managers seeking to enhance their knowledge of steam management systems in line with the recommendations of BG01 ‘Guidance on Safe Operation of Boilers’.
Published in late 2011, BG01 recommends specific training to promote safe and competent boiler operations. This includes Certified Industrial Boiler Operator (Cert.IBO) status for operators and Diploma in Boiler Plant Operation Management (Dip.BOM) for managers. These are both covered in Spirax Sarco’s BOAS training course.
Numbers are also up significantly for BOAS refresher courses. Increasing by 400% between the last two quarters of 2011 and the first two quarters of 2012, the growing numbers reflect a need to continue the development of previously trained staff to keep their knowledge up to date.
Roger Glassonbury, Customer Training Manager, Spirax Sarco, says: “We have added two extra scheduled courses and added more places on each course to meet demand. In addition, we are doing BOAS courses on customers’ sites. If demand continues to rise, we will add more courses.”
The Spirax Sarco centre is the only training facility in the UK to offer a fully-operational steam system with SCADA control. This enables it to enhance the quality of training across Spirax Sarco’s array of steam engineering courses, as well as supporting live technology demonstrations. Its advanced facilities allow staff to be trained to a high standard on steam management, making them more aware of the energy saving and environmental aspects of steam plant, as well safety issues.
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 22
- Truflo Marine retain IIP Accreditation
- PPE ExpandsPPE Completes Research, Manufacturing and Training Facilities Expansion
- AUMA become BVAA Members
- AUMA Actuators Ltd: Leading modular actuation technology for over 40 years
- AUMA - British Energy extends actuator agreement
- AUMA achieves second United Utilities award
- Anglian Water adoptspioneering AUMA training programme
- Ron Hague - Valve & Actuator Specialists: A company overview from new BVAA member Ron Hague Ltd
- Rotork successfully defends intellectual property rights in China: Autork guilty of copying and unfair competition
- Russian production of valves and accessories in 2008 -Figures and facts, analytical review