Steam training with Spirax Sarco
The full list of courses covers the latest legislation and aspects of the design, operation and maintenance of steam systems. This includes the popular Boiler Operation Accreditation Scheme, or BOAS (D8), and BOAS Refresher (D6AR) course, recommended as best practice by the ‘Guidance on Safe Operation of Boilers’ or BG01.
Also included for 2013 is the Carbon & Energy Reduction (E1) course. Participants will learn how to identify and evaluate energy savings in steam systems, as well as discovering how to link these savings to emissions and exploring finance schemes to reduce the tax burden.
Spirax Sarco’s Water Treatment (W1) course, provides delegates with a holistic guide to water treatment operations, providing schemes to prevent scale, corrosion and fouling.
Customer training can take place on-site or at Spirax Sarco’s recently refurbished UK Steam Technology Centre in Cheltenham. After undergoing a £1.4 million investment, the state-of-the-art learning facility is the only centre in the UK to offer a fully-operational steam system with SCADA control. The advanced facilities allow staff to be trained to a high standard on steam management, making them more aware of the energy saving and environmental aspects of steam plant, as well as safety issues.
Training courses are fully approved by governing bodies BTEC, City & Guilds, Combustion Engineering Association and CIBSE.
Contact Spirax Sarco’s Training Co-ordinator Claire Stone, on 01242 535211, or email email@example.com. For a free copy of the 2013 Training Brochure, or to fill in a course registration form visit www.spiraxsarco.com/uk/training
Spirax Sarco Ltd
Tel: : 01242 535211
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 24
- Kent Introl Re-brand Unveiled
- Apollo Valves - Five Year Warranty
- New Flowserve Publication Helps Customers Eliminate Control Valve Cavitation
- Adanac Aid Comic Relief
- Truflo Marine hosts 19th BAE Key Supplier Forum
- BLACK GOES GREEN
- Shipham Valves make significant investment to machining and pressure test facilities
- Blackhall Engineer Wins Award
- Hardide at NACE: Hardide Coatings selected to present at NACE CORROSION 2010
- Emerson Successfully Completes First Point Assessment (FPAL)