John Millar 1926-2013
In 1976 to celebrate the companyís 110th anniversary he wrote our company history William Heap & his company. This book is still in print today and is in demand from all over the World as one of the finest sources of information on the Great Railway builder Thomas Brassey who employed William Heap as his chief bridge builder before he left in 1866 to set up Heap & Partners.
Even after his retirement John Millar continued to support Heap & Partners by producing the layout drawings for our new head office in Birkenhead and providing training for new members of staff. Today as Heap & Partners enters its 147th year in business we know we would not exist but for his efforts. John is survived by his Wife Dorothy Millar and three children John Keith, Ann and David.
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 26
- VIC THURSTON
- DEREK OGDEN
- Kent Introl Bids a Final Farewell to its Founder, Ed Singleton: Leading British valve engineer and founder of KOSO Kent Introl, Edward Singleton has died aged 90, after a short illness.
- Ian Sully, former Managing Director, AUMA Actuators Ltd
- Mike Anthony Porter, Internal Sales, Flowstar (UK) Ltd: It is with deep regret that Flowstar announces the death of Mike Anthony Porter, a key member of their internal sales team.
- EnerMech Builds on Caspian Pedigree with £40 Million of Contracts Wins
- Score Group Founder; A Tribute
- The Great British Stand!
- Len Bates
- Adrian ĎAJí Jefferies