Certification for Russia - Meeting the standards SGS UK Can Help
For Russia, CE marking and most other European and international quality certificates or declarations are not recognised nor accepted in their own right. With nineteen mandatory certification systems currently regulated by Laws of the Russian Federation, it can seem a daunting process.
The types of certification that industrial products most commonly attract are GOST R, GOST R Ex-proof and RTN permit. GOST R & GOST R Ex-proof certification is required for customs clearance and at point of use. Certification can be for a single shipment, ideal for bespoke products and for testing the Russian market, or Serial certification for 1-3 years.
The RTN permit can be valid for a single contract/shipment or for 3 years. It is not required for customs clearance but will be required at point of use to operate the equipment.
The requirements in order to gain the certification will depend upon the product, its function and the validity of the certification sought. Documentation will certainly be required; an audit by the Russian Expert is associated with 3 year certification. The documentation submission needed for the RTN permit must include GOST R and GOST R Ex-proof certification, where applicable.
It is also important to note that Russian certification can also act as a sales tool particularly when the equipment is not being sent directly to Russia but integrated in to a larger package.
SGS United Kingdom Ltd:
Will guide your company through the whole process from start to finish
Is the only certification body in the UK accredited by Rostekhregulirovanie authorised to issue GOST R Certificates of Conformity
Will provide a Russian translator for Audits where required
For further information please contact:
Charlie Fleming: 01276 697664
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 4
- AEON CHOOSES THE KITEMARK® TO ENHANCE ITS VALVES
- Environmentally Friendly
- Musings of an ATEX Auditor - By Roger Stillman, arcSIL Consulting
- ISO 14000 & FDA APPROVALS FOR HARDIDE
- Fugitive Emissions – 2011 Market Activity: By Barrie Kirkman, BSc CEng MIMech, BVAA member Executive Consultant to the Offshore, Petrochemical and Chemical Industry
- MetalTek Energy Products Earns Nuclear Accreditations
- A quality philosophy at Kent Introl
- Two month ISO14001 record for CVS
- ABB underlines safety credentials with new oil and gas accreditation
- Induchem UK Celebrates F4N Status