Auma Launches Explosion-Proof Variable Speed Actuators
Electric actuator manufacturer AUMA has launched explosion-proof variable speed valve actuators for use in potentially hazardous environment
Variable speed offers significant advantages for challenging valve control tasks, since it allows the optimum operating speed to be selected for each change of valve position.
High positioning accuracy and optimised setpoint control considerably increase the effectiveness of pressure control valves in gas pipelines, for example. On multiport valves, variable speed actuators aid rapid and accurate switch-over between ports.
Mechanical stresses on valve, actuator and pipeline are minimized by reducing the operating speed close to the end positions, allowing the moving element of the valve to make gentle contact with the seat. Pressure surges and cavitation effects in the pipeline can be avoided by using speed profiles.
When working in modulating duty, the actuator speed can be set to reduce progressively as the valve position approaches the setpoint, giving a significant increase in positioning accuracy.
Actuator speed can also be controlled by an external signal – either 4–20 mA analog or 0–100 % digital – to take full advantage of additional control variables or algorithms. A further option is speed synchronisation between two actuators.
AUMA’s new explosion-proof SAVEx and SARVEx actuators complement the weatherproof SAV and SARV type range. They are available in six sizes covering torques up to 1,000 Nm. Speed ranges include 6–60 rpm, 12–108 rpm and 24–116 rpm.
AUMA Actuators Ltd is part of the global AUMA group.
Tel: 01275 871 141
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 45
- New director will build on power station success story at Exeeco
- Rotork introduces compact electric actuator solution for marine valve applications
- South East Water awards valve actuation framework agreement to Rotork
- New Flowserve Software Simplifies Actuator Configuration, Diagnostics: Flowserve Dashboard Allows Bluetooth® Connectivity with Limitorque MX and QX
- Emerson Enters into Supplier Services Agreement with Fluor Corporation to Provide Automation and Control Solutions and Services.
- Valve Solutions for Biofuels: by Jari Kirmanen, Product Manager Neles, Metso’s Automation Business Line
- Rotork valve actuators specified for southwest China’s first major refinery
- Pakscan digital valve control goes wireless
- Rotork Profibus actuators control the flow at Wessex Water’s
- Attention to Detail and Communication is the Key to Successful Valve Actuation: Peter Everett, CEO of H.S. Pipequipment comments on valve actuation