AUMA explosion proof variant for manual valves
The WSH unit generates a position feedback signal for manually operated valves which ensures that operational status can be remotely displayed. The WSH can be mounted directly on a valve, such as a gate valve, or in combination with a valve gearbox. As standard, the WSH is equipped with a mechanical position indicator which can be used to view the valve position and to provide a running indication.
Reporting on demand, Ian Sully, Managing Director of AUMA Actuators Ltd which represents AUMA in the UK, said:
“This is an important specialist application and an area of established expertise for AUMA. The explosion proof version is a significant introduction that responds to demand, particularly from the petrochem sector.
“A large number of first generation limit switching devices are coming to the end of their working lives and, with the WSH, AUMA is able to provide replacements for other manufacturer’s products. The plug-in connection that has made AUMA’s modular actuation solution popular in a wide range of industries is featured: this means that wiring is undisturbed - even if the WSH is disconnected from the DCS.”
The WSH provides enclosure protection to IP67 with an option for IP68. Corrosion protection KN is featured as standard, with KS/KX as an option. A low temperature version is also available.
Established in 1964, AUMA has twenty subsidiary companies and is represented in all continents. The manufacturer of actuators, gearboxes and controls offers global distribution and support for its product range.
Auma Actuators Ltd, Tel: 01275 871141
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 14
- New director will build on power station success story at Exeeco
- Rotork introduces compact electric actuator solution for marine valve applications
- South East Water awards valve actuation framework agreement to Rotork
- New Flowserve Software Simplifies Actuator Configuration, Diagnostics: Flowserve Dashboard Allows Bluetooth® Connectivity with Limitorque MX and QX
- Rotork valve actuators specified for southwest China’s first major refinery
- Pakscan digital valve control goes wireless
- Attention to Detail and Communication is the Key to Successful Valve Actuation: Peter Everett, CEO of H.S. Pipequipment comments on valve actuation
- Rotork’s new CVA, mounted to a Metso valve
- BVAA Chairman Bill Whiteley leaves Rotork after twelve years as Chief Executive Officer
- Australia’s ‘Droughtbuster’ scheme chooses Rotork