Truflo Marine Go Green
Truflo Marine attain the Carbon Trust Standard
The Carbon Trust Standard certification was created by the Carbon Trust to provide a much needed clear and robust definition of good practice and for use as an independent endorsement of an organisations achievement in carbon reduction. The Carbon Trust Standard provides an objective benchmark against which to assess an organisations commitment and success in addressing its climate change impact.
Nora Asselah, Environmental Co-ordinator for Truflo comments ‘This is something we can really celebrate. It is great recognition for the work that we’ve done internally and something that we can be proud to tell our customers and suppliers. It shows that we are at the forefront when it comes to tackling climate change and have taken action ourselves by reducing the carbon emissions that we are directly responsible for rather than just paying others to off-set our emissions.’
Some of the projects that have enabled Truflo to gain the Carbon Trust Standard include the ‘Energy Management Programme’ and the careful monitoring of internal performance measures.
Truflo Marine is committed to continuing to achieve reductions in carbon emissions; further initiatives to achieve this are being devised in preparation for reassessment in 2012.
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 15
- Truflo Marine retain IIP Accreditation
- PPE ExpandsPPE Completes Research, Manufacturing and Training Facilities Expansion
- AUMA become BVAA Members
- AUMA Actuators Ltd: Leading modular actuation technology for over 40 years
- AUMA - British Energy extends actuator agreement
- AUMA achieves second United Utilities award
- Anglian Water adoptspioneering AUMA training programme
- Ron Hague - Valve & Actuator Specialists: A company overview from new BVAA member Ron Hague Ltd
- Rotork successfully defends intellectual property rights in China: Autork guilty of copying and unfair competition
- Russian production of valves and accessories in 2008 -Figures and facts, analytical review