Tyco Supports Global Power Industry
Tyco Flow Control Supports Global Power Industry with Sempell Facility Extension
“We’re committed to bringing innovative new solutions to the global power industry,” comments David Dunbar, president of Tyco Valves & Controls, a unit of Tyco Flow Control. “The investment we have undertaken at the Sempell facility forms a key part of our global strategy. It provides new capability and additional capacity to support our key markets with leadingedge technology, testing facilities, and research & development programmes.”
At an official unveiling of the new facility extension, Tyco welcomed more than 100 customers for a guided tour of the upgraded facility alongside a special presentation from David Dunbar, and Dr. Achim Trasser, vice president and general manager for Tyco Flow Control’s global power business and CEO of Sempell AG.
“We have a significant installed base in the local German market, and the Sempell business is focused on meeting the needs of the global power industry in both the conventional and nuclear sectors,” adds Dr. Achim Trasser. “The globalisation of the power industry represents opportunities for us. By investing in our operations now, we can continue to improve our processes, expand service capabilities and improve efficiency and lead time.”
The investment programme at Sempell has created more than 125 new jobs in the community since 2007 and has improved the operational efficiency of the plant. Alongside Tyco Flow Control’s new flagship advanced testing facility for the nuclear power industry in Mansfield, Massachusetts, USA, the expanded operations at Sempell are a demonstration of the company’s commitment to providing innovative and end-to-end valves and control solutions that meet the needs of the global power industry.
Tyco Flow Control
Tel: +33 (0)442 103600
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 19
- Has Industry Forgotten How to Cooperate in Technological Developments?
- Emerson to Build Control Valve Industry’s Largest and Most Technologically-Advanced Research Laboratory Multi-million dollar renovation and expansion will create the Fisher® Technology Development Centre
- Truflo Marine unveil new Flow & Test Cycle Rig - Going with the Flow
- KKI signs Brazil agreement
- Updated Cee Vee!
- Testing times at KKI
- Nuclear Industry Welcomes “Clear” Government Energy Framework: The UK’s civil nuclear trade association has welcomed today’s publication of the Government’s finalised National Policy Statements (NPS) following ext
- Metso’s new Valve Technology Center: The new facility is in line with the company’s long-term strategy to invest in quality and delivery capabilities globally for Metso’s valve customers
- Quality & Integrity - a MOGAS Commitment: MOGAS Industries runs every aspect of the company the same way they design and build valves — with an unwavering commitment to quality and integrity
- United Utilities Keeps Exeeco in Charge