AUMA gearboxes support world’s largest hydraulic scheme
The GS 630.3 gearbox selected for the Venezuelan contract is a highly specialist AUMA product designed for torques up to 675,000 Nm. Built to order, the gearbox is installed in major water installations around the globe including giant subterranean aquifers in the Sahara desert and large scale water supply projects.
Located in Miranda, South of Caracas, the scheme – which is known as Tuy System IV – features pipelines up to three metres in diameter. Inauguration of the work is scheduled for June 2012: water will then be transported to people living and working in Caracas, Miranda and Vargas states. The project represents a total investment of $382.3 million by the Bolivarian Government.
For over forty years, AUMA has supplied modular electric actuators and gearboxes to major international water projects. With dedicated manufacturing facilities at its German headquarters, a strong engineering focus and expert development team, strength is offered in tailoring products to support the demands of individual projects, such as the contract in Caracas.
AUMA UK is part of the global AUMA organisation - specialists in the manufacture and international supply of modular electric actuators.
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 22
- New director will build on power station success story at Exeeco
- Rotork valve actuators specified for southwest China’s first major refinery
- Attention to Detail and Communication is the Key to Successful Valve Actuation: Peter Everett, CEO of H.S. Pipequipment comments on valve actuation
- Mastergear - Driving Industry
- BVAA Chairman Bill Whiteley leaves Rotork after twelve years as Chief Executive Officer
- The Importance of Reliable Valve Torque Measurement for Predictive Maintenance
- Rotork IQPro electric valve actuators with the SIL (Safety Integrity Level) option
- Hydraulic actuators for South Atlantic floating production vessel
- Emerson’s Valve Automation Division
- Rotork’s Golden Celebration